Tuesday, September 13, 2011

TODAY'S POLYNESIAN RECIPES

I just posted 5 of my Polynesian recipes (more to come soon)!  I got these recipes when I lived in Laie, Hawaii, on Oahu's North Shore, in the 1970's.  When I first arrived from the mainland, I worked full time at the Polynesian Cultural Center ("the PCC").  Then, I went to school and worked on campus as the assistant to the psychology professors at BYU-Hawaii. While I lived in Laie, I also did my student teaching at Kahuku High School (which looked VERY different back then!).  The years I spent in Hawaii were just an introduction to a lifetime of connections to Polynesia, which continue to this day. One of my daughter's and my intentions for this blog were to share our favorite foods from the various islands of the Pacific.  Today I give you one traditional Samoan recipe (often cooked underground in the umu) and 4 recipes which are based on what was served at the PCC back in the mid-1970's.
Be looking for more Polynesian recipes soon!  Since I don't have photos of these foods on hand, I may even post a few photos I took back then!

No comments:

Post a Comment