Friday, September 9, 2011

IMAGES OF SUMMER






As the summer comes near to an end, I want to share some iconic photos, for each of you, as well as for myself to look back on some dreary winter day! This summer contained some "firsts" for me.  First time to grow a garden, "grow" being the operative word here! Also, the first time to keep herbs alive through the hot spells of summer. And,  I preserved about 1000 apricots (which I also picked)!  I made freezer jam, prepared and froze apricot halves for pies and crisps, as well as freezing cubes of sweetened apricot puree.  Next summer my goal is to learn how to can them in bottles! Also, I am including a photo of last Saturday's Bountiful Baskets' haul!  This is a grass-roots, non-profit co-op where you get fresh produce directly from the farmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment