Sunday, July 24, 2011

QUICK HEALTHY SMOOTHIE!

I was in the grocery store yesterday, putting some buttermilk in my cart, when a woman shared an idea with me.  She said she makes a simple smoothie out of just buttermilk, a banana and some ice.  She said it tastes so rich, almost like there is cream cheese in it!  Well, since a neighbor had just given me some bananas she couldn't use, I tried it as soon as I got home.  This is what I used:

1 cup buttermilk
1 medium banana (ripe but not over-ripe)
2 Tbs sugar (this is optional/to taste)
5 ice cubes
I put all in the blender and mixed well.

It really was delicious and so refreshing on a hot, hot day! Also, it's quite healthy- high in protein, calcium and potassium, and low fat/low calorie! It's my new favorite breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment