Friday, October 7, 2011

SESAME TERIYAKI BURGERS

I am a sucker for anything "teriyaki"!  I think if my mom had made teriyaki cooked carrots and peas when I was a kid, I would have eaten them (those were my "public enemy number one" foods)!  I am posting this because it would be a great accompaniment to the sweet sour sauce that I shared this week! This started as a recipe for Korean Barbecued Hamburgers, which I got in Hawaii, but I made so many additions/changes that it is totally original now!


SESAME TERIYAKI BURGERS

INGREDIENTS:
1/3 cup soy sauce
3 TBSP sugar
1 TBSP sesame oil
2 TBSP sesame seeds, toasted  
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup minced green onion
2 medium to large cloves garlic, finely grated or mashed
2 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated or mashed 
1/3 cup bell pepper (red or green), finely chopped, optional
1 pound lean ground beef

INSTRUCTIONS:
Combine all ingredients well (note: if mixture won't hold together, you can mix in one egg), refrigerate, covered, for 1-4 hours .  Then form into patties and grill. Wonderful served on a bun with a slice of sweet, fresh pineapple! And don't forget the sweet sour sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment